For anything more than a quick test install I almost always install Webmin and CSF (ConfigServer Security & Firewall) to help manage the server.
Installing CSF is very straightforward and provides full instructions here.
if csf installed successfully, you can now remove the directory created.
I install webmin with apt-get.
First we have to add the repository. Add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list
Install the GPG key
Update & Install webmin
Now you can access webmin at https://your-ip-address:10000
The first thing I always do after installing webmin is install the StressFree Theme from https://code.google.com/p/webmin-theme-stressfree/. I wish webmin would adopt this theme for it’s default. Feel free to skip installing this theme if you wish.
To install the theme:
- log into webmin.
- Goto Webmin -> Webmin Configuration
- Webmin Themes
- Select the Install theme tab
- Copy the download link from the webmin-theme-stressfree downloads link (https://webmin-theme-stressfree.googlecode.com/files/theme-stressfree-2.10.tar.gz as of this writing)
- Back in webmin, select the ‘From ftp or https URL’ and paste the link copied.
- Select install theme
- Once installed, select ‘Return to themes list’
- StessFree theme should now be an option in the Current theme selection